Breast Augmentation Errors
Many women today undergo breast implant in the hopes of improving their self-esteem or the aesthetics of their figure. Despite frequent stories about negligent plastic surgeons and the horrific ramifications of failed surgeries, many women still feel the risks are justified.
If you or a loved one has undergone breast augmentation surgery and feel that you may be suffering complications based on mistakes or carelessness of the physician, contact a Manhattan medical malpractice attorney immediately.
How can you tell if a breast augmentation or enhancement procedure has gone awry?
- Severe scarring: A poorly executed operation can lead to scarring that can, in turn, cause pain, lumpiness, and discomfort.
- Asymmetry: Breasts may appear lopsided or uneven, due to the implant’s weight or surgeon’s inexperience.
- Changes in nipple sensation: This complication occurs more often with subglandular placement and is the result of careless damage to the outer layers of skin.
- Bacterial infection: Infections often present shortly after surgery and, in some cases, lead to gangrene, toxic shock syndrome, or death.
- Leakage, deflation, rupture: Symptoms may not be visible, but rather include swelling, burning, numbness, or tenderness.
- Rippling: This occurs when the implanted silicone or saline shifts, causing the skin to thin across the chest area.
- Capsular contracture: Your breast capsule feels too tight for the implant, and the implant itself looks disproportionate to the natural breast.
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, seek medical care immediately, and consider consulting another breast augmentation surgeon to determine whether or not there are suitable replacement surgery options in your case. It is essential to act quickly, though, to prevent issues from becoming more severe.
Manhattan medical malpractice legal settlements in cases of improper breast augmentation
To seek damages, consult Rich & Rich, P.C, a medical malpractice law firm in Manhattan. A competent legal professional experienced in dealing with the specific malpractice laws involving negligent breast augmentation surgery is critical. You may not be aware of all the factors that could greatly influence your case. Only a qualified Manhattan medical malpractice attorney can advise you fully about your case and a possible malpractice settlements.
If you suspect that you have been the victim of an improper breast augmentation then contact the Manhattan medical malpractice lawyers at Rich & Rich, P.C. today.