New York City Surgical Error Attorneys
Rich and Rich, P.C. has more than two decades of experience litigating surgical malpractice cases. Our attorneys conduct in-depth investigations into the cause of surgical injuries, consulting with qualified experts in surgical technique and hospital protocols. We are known for our aggressive style in pursuit of justice, and for the high level of personal attention we give every client. If you sustained an injury during an operation or postoperative care, Rich and Rich, P.C. can deliver the skilled, straightforward representation you need to recover damages for your injuries.
Rich and Rich, P.C. has fought for victims of surgical and medical malpractice for more than 20 years. We are prepared to fight for your rights and your recovery in numerous surgical error cases, including:
- Adjacent-to-site injury — A slip of a scalpel can lacerate or puncture tissue adjacent to the site of the surgery. The result can be nerve, muscle or internal organ damage.
- Anesthesia errors —An anesthesiologist may deliver too little anesthesia, allowing the patient to awaken during surgery, or too much anesthesia, depriving the patient of oxygen, which can induce hypoxia and cause brain damage.
- Objects left in body cavity — Hospitals refer to surgical mistakes that are 100 percent preventable as “never events,” as in, “they should never happen.” Leaving a foreign object in a patient is an all-too-common never event, causing pain and additional damage to the surgical site and requiring another procedure to remove the object.
- Plastic surgery errors — Our attorneys have obtained compensation for harm from a variety of procedures including breast augmentation and liposuction.
- Postoperative infections — Cross contamination due to unsanitary conditions can cause serious, life-threatening infections.
- Wrong site surgery — This refers to a procedure on the wrong body part, most commonly because a hasty surgeon operated on the side of the body.
- Wrong patient surgery — This occurs when patients are brought into surgery at the wrong time, or files are switched, and surgical teams neglect protocols designed to make sure they properly identify the patient in the operating theater.
Harm can also come when a healthcare provider neglects to perform surgery. We’ve successfully recovered financial compensation in cases where an obstetrician’s delay in performing a C-section resulted in birth injuries.
Don’t wait. Contact Rich & Rich P.C. today.
Call 347.696.7707 or contact Rich and Rich, P.C. today. We have three office locations to serve you:
- Manhattan Office: 30 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10007
- Long Island Office: 277 Willis Avenue, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- Queens Office: 42-40 Bell Boulevard, Suite 501, Bayside, NY 11361