Long Island Medical Malpractice Lawyers Assert the Rights of Victims
New York lawyers represent Long Island clients injured due to medical errors
From the border with New York City out to Montauk, Long Island is packed with millions of residents and thousands of doctors. When residents of Nassau or Suffolk County are harmed by negligent healthcare providers, Rich & Rich, P.C. in Roslyn Heights fights to collect full compensation for these victims. We have secured millions of dollars in compensation for medical malpractice clients on Long Island and throughout the New York metropolitan area.
What are the most common types of medical malpractice?
Throughout Long Island, our established medical malpractice attorneys handle a full range of healthcare negligence cases, including claims associated with:
- Failure to diagnose — A doctor’s failure to order appropriate medical tests or failure to refer a patient to a specialist may result in an undiagnosed or misdiagnosed medical condition, such as cancer. A delay in diagnosis can mean the difference between life and death for the patient.
- Surgical errors — A mistake made during surgery can cause life-altering permanent injuries and put a patient’s long-term health and well-being at risk.
- Cosmetic surgery errors — If performed by an unskilled or inattentive surgeon, cosmetic surgery, including breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction and tummy tucks can result in disfiguring scars, nerve damage, infection and other injuries.
- Dental malpractice — Dental nerve injuries from external and internal trauma, unnecessary dental procedures and performance of procedures without informed consent could all be grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
- Nursing home injuries and mistreatment — Elderly people in nursing homes sometimes do not have a voice if they are being mistreated by doctors and other facility staff members. Should you suspect that a problem exists, we will investigate the situation immediately and work to get your loved one the justice they deserve.
Whatever your medical malpractice claim involves, we have the experience to represent you effectively.
Common causes of medical malpractice
The defendant in your medical malpractice action might be a doctor, hospital, medical practice or some other healthcare provider that has violated their legal duty to you. Specific forms of actionable negligence include:
- Deviation from accepted standards of care practiced by a general practitioner or specialist
- Failure to obtain informed consent from a patient
- Failure to prescribe an appropriate course of treatment
- Failure to perform surgery properly
- Inadequate supplies or equipment failure
- Improper administration or dosing of medication
- Negligent nursing care
To succeed in a Long Island medical malpractice lawsuit, you must adhere to the deadline set by the New York State statute of limitations. Even if you only suspect that you were victimized by healthcare negligence, you should reach out to an attorney immediately to protect your rights.
Damages available in a medical malpractice claim
Whether your case is resolved at trial or settled, we will press to maximize the compensation you receive to address the harm you’ve suffered. Your financial recovery could include payment for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive devices
- Lost income
- Reduced quality of life
- Cost of medicine
You won’t pay legal fees to our firm until you get compensation from the defendant and/or their insurance company.
Contact a Long Island medical malpractice law firm for a consultation
With an office located in Roslyn Heights, Nassau County, the medical malpractice lawyers of Rich & Rich, P.C. represent medical malpractice victims throughout Long Island. For a consultation with an experienced attorney, please call 347.696.7707 or contact us online.