NYC Birth Injury Attorneys
Rich & Rich, P.C. is experienced in handling birth injury lawsuits in New York City. Unfortunately, complications during labor and delivery can cause serious brain damage or other injuries or conditions to newborns. When these serious injuries or conditions are caused by the negligence of medical professionals before or during the labor and delivery process, the consequences can result in a lifetime of need for special assisted care. Some incurable severe injuries that can arise include cerebral palsy, Erbs palsy, ataxic, athetoid, spastic, brachial plexus injury and Klumke's palsy.
We are experienced in handling birth injury lawsuits, including New York City Cerebral Palsy lawsuits as well as Erb’s Palsy cases involving injuries to the brachial plexus. If your child has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, and you believe there were difficulties during the birthing process that caused brain damage, we are here to assist you and will review your claim at no charge. Cerebral palsy may be the result of brain damage caused by negligent prenatal care by a doctor, delayed caesarian section or negligence in the birthing or labor process.
Let our New York City birth injury lawyers evaluate your claim to determine if any of the following may have caused your child’s birth injury:
- oxygen deprivation is often caused by a compressed or twisted umbilical cord or when there are problems with the uterus or the placenta
- large baby stuck behind the mother’s pelvic bone, injured through excessive force upon the baby during birth
- failure to perform timely cesarean section (c-section)
- breech or other unusual position of the baby
In situations where the size of a baby or its position is problematic, a physician may deliver by natural birth instead of a C-section. This decision may result in nerve damage and conditions such as Erbs palsy. Other birth related impairments and conditions that may arise due to medical malpractice include seizure disorders, learning disabilities and functional disabilities.
Your child’s disorder may be due to birth injuries caused by the negligence of a healthcare professional or hospital. To obtain justice for your severely injured baby, contact an attorney experienced in New York City birth injury law. Let Rich & Rich, P.C. litigate on your behalf to obtain money damages and to compensate you for the cost of a lifetime of medical care.
Don’t wait. Contact Rich & Rich P.C. today.
Call 347.696.7707 or contact Rich and Rich, P.C. today. We have three office locations to serve you:
- Manhattan Office: 30 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10007
- Long Island Office: 277 Willis Avenue, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- Queens Office: 42-40 Bell Boulevard, Suite 501, Bayside, NY 11361
From Our Blog
- Can Birth Injury Cause Autism?
- What is Cephalohematoma? What Complications Can Occur If It Goes Untreated?
- When Is a Vacuum Extraction Delivery Subject to a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
- What Makes Cerebral Palsy One of the Most Serious Types of Birth Injury?
- What Medical Complications Does Premature Birth Involve?
- What Complications Can Arise During Forceps Deliveries?
- Can a Cerebral Palsy Diagnosis Point to Medical Malpractice?
- Are NY Birth Injury Malpractice Suits Difficult to Prove?