Manhattan Dental Malpractice Lawyers
Rich & Rich, P.C. has successfully litigated many dental malpractice cases over our more than 20 years of practice on behalf of injured New Yorkers. Our success in this area of litigation speaks for itself. Recently, our attorneys obtained one of the largest verdicts on record in a severed lingual nerve case for one of our clients as well as a high six-figure settlement for another. If you have been injured by a dentist or oral surgeon, our NYC dental injury lawyers will evaluate your claim to determine if you may be eligible for compensation for your pain and suffering.
You trust your dentist to address problems, not to create them. However, a frequently occurring, permanent and avoidable dental injury that occurs through malpractice is a severed lingual nerve. This occurs during a lower wisdom tooth extraction when the operating dentist or oral surgeon carelessly servers the lingual nerve resulting in numbness and nerve pain in the injured area and loss of taste on the affected side of the tongue.
Dental malpractice occurs in various other forms due to mishandled procedures, such as:
- Wisdom tooth extraction: This is a painful procedure to begin with, but an oral surgeon’s substandard performance can result in dental nerve damage, bone loss or infection.
- Improperly performed dental implant surgery: Incorrectly places dental implants can crush and injure nerves in the jaw and can cause damage to adjacent teeth.
- Improperly performed root canal treatment: An improperly performed root canal procedure can damage the tooth and jaw bone or root of the tooth, leading to tooth and bone loss.
- Improper crowns and bridges: Negligently fabricated and installed crowns and bridges can damage teeth, leading to pain, infection and tooth loss.
These are only a few of the injuries that can result from negligent dental care. If you suspect you’ve been injured by dental malpractice, trust our personal injury lawyers to litigate on your behalf to obtain money damages and to compensate you for your injuries and your suffering.
Don’t wait. Contact Rich & Rich P.C. today.
Call 347.696.7707 or contact Rich and Rich, P.C. today. We have three office locations to serve you:
- Manhattan Office: 30 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10007
- Long Island Office: 277 Willis Avenue, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- Queens Office: 42-40 Bell Boulevard, Suite 501, Bayside, NY 11361
Attorney Jeffrey Rich discusses mistakes in dental care on Today's Verdict