NEW YORK AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Every year, countless people are seriously injured or die in car accidents resulting from the negligence of others. The auto accident attorneys in New York at Rich & Rich, P.C. will investigate the facts and circumstances of your accident and pursue all possible avenues of recovery in your case. We will see to it that your hospital and medical expenses are covered as well as you lost earnings under the New York No Fault law. This includes locating all available insurance coverage and investigating any other factors that may have contributed to your accident, such as dangerous roadways, defective traffic control devices, defective vehicles, improper vehicle maintenance and many other possible factors.
A New York car accident lawyer at Rich & Rich, P.C. will aggressively pursue your automobile accident case to obtain the best possible result for you.
Head, Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
Auto accidents are a leading cause of head injuries. However, head injuries do not only occur when your head hits the dashboard or the steering wheel; a head injury can occur when the brain experiences a sudden, rapid movement. Concussions are the most common types of head injuries resulting from car accidents. A concussion injury occurs when the brain is bruised by striking the cranium. The injury causes headaches, vomiting, dizziness and problems remembering or concentrating. Other head injuries may affect the brain more severely. Anoxic brain injury occurs when the brain is unable to receive oxygen. Traumatic brain injuries may result from closed or open head injuries and often involves bruising of the brain or swelling of the brain within the skull. Spinal cord injuries can also be life-changing injuries and may result in full or partial paralysis, impaired motor skills, and loss of bowel, bladder and sexual functions.
Broken Bones & Fractures
Many serious auto accidents lead to broken bones. Often, these injuries require surgery and extensive rehabilitation. Even if the injury seems minor, a fractured bone can have long-term effects, including arthritis and limited mobility. Serious injuries that may occur as a result of a car accident include pelvic fractures, sternum or rib fractures, skull fractures, broken ankles, fractured femurs, collarbone fractures, broken neck and crushed vertebrae. Vehicle accidents throughout Manhattan and the entirety of New York City have resulted in drivers, passengers, and others suffering numerous kinds of fractures, such as:
- Buckle Fractures, usually occurring in children, is where a bone buckles but does not break. It is more likely in a child because of softer bones. The similar Greenstick Fracture is also more likely in a child, and involves a bone bending on one side and fracturing on the other.
- Hairline Fractures, also known as stress fractures, are small cracks in the bone and often go unnoticed after a car accident — an important reason to visit a doctor and speak with a lawyer at Rich & Rich after any accident.
- Compound Fractures are those where the bone breaks the skin and have a substantially higher chance of infection and additional injury.
- Comminuted Fractures involve multiple fractures in the same bone and are common following a crushing motor vehicle accident.
- Transverse Fractures run across the long axis of the bone, breaking it into two pieces.
Burn injuries may have long recovery periods in specialized burn units. Often, burn victims require multiple skin grafts and/or reconstructive surgery. Burn injuries resulting from car accidents require an experienced New York auto accident lawyer.
Don’t wait. Contact Rich & Rich P.C. today.
Call 347.696.7707 or contact Rich and Rich, P.C. today. We have two office locations to serve you:
- Manhattan Office: 1430 Broadway, Suite 1802, New York, NY 10018
- Long Island Office: 277 Willis Avenue, 1st Floor, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577