Aggressive Midtown Manhattan Medical Malpractice Lawyers Sue Major Hospitals
Experienced New York City attorneys hold healthcare providers accountable
Manhattan is home to some of the largest and most-recognized hospitals in the United States. Even in the most prominent and expensive institutions, medical errors do happen. The Manhattan office of Rich & Rich, P.C. litigates medical malpractice claims on behalf of New York residents and people who receive treatment here.
Malpractice happens in every medical specialty, and can cause life-changing injuries and illnesses. Common types of medical malpractice cases in Manhattan stem from problems such as:
- Failure to diagnose — A doctor’s failure to order appropriate medical tests or failure to refer a patient to a specialist may result in an undiagnosed or misdiagnosed medical condition, such as cancer. A delay in diagnosis can mean the difference between life and death for the patient.
- Surgical errors — A mistake made during surgery can cause life-altering permanent injuries and put a patient’s long-term health and well-being at risk.
- Cosmetic surgery errors — If performed by an unskilled or inattentive surgeon, cosmetic surgery, including breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction and tummy tucks can result in disfiguring scars, nerve damage, infection and other injuries.
- Dental malpractice — Dental nerve injuries from external and internal, unnecessary dental procedures and performance of procedures without informed consent.
- Nursing home injuries and mistreatment — Elderly people in nursing homes sometimes do not have a voice if they are being mistreated by doctors and other facility staff members. Should you suspect that a problem exists, we will investigate the situation immediately and work to get your loved one the justice they deserve.
Our attorneys have experience handling a wide range of medical malpractice cases.
Common causes of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice results from negligent medical care that falls below standards of care established by the medical profession. Common causes of medical malpractice include:
- Deviation from accepted standards of care practice by a general practitioner or specialist
- Failure to obtain informed consent from a patient
- Failure to prescribe an appropriate course of treatment
- Failure to perform surgery properly
- Inadequate supplies or equipment failure
- Improper administration or dosing of medication
- Negligent nursing care
Manhattan medical malpractice lawsuits are subject to the New York State statute of limitations and other rules that require lawsuits to be filed within a specific amount of time. If you think you may have a medical malpractice claim, please contact us without delay.
Damages available in a medical malpractice claim
Defendants in a medical malpractice lawsuit may include hospitals, individual doctors, nursing homes, medical companies and others. Compensation may cover current and future costs of:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive devices
- Lost income
- Reduced quality of life
- Cost of medicine
We do not charge legal fees to our medical malpractice clients until we help them obtain compensation through a settlement or jury verdict.
Contact a Manhattan medical malpractice law firm for a consultation
With an office located in midtown Manhattan, the medical malpractice lawyers of Rich & Rich, P.C. represent medical malpractice victims throughout New York City. For a consultation with an experienced attorney, please call 347.696.7707 or contact us online.
Rich & Rich, P.C.
1430 Broadway, Suite 1802
New York, NY 10018
To get directions to this location, click "Directions" or "View larger map" on the map below (Google Maps will open in a new window).