Queens Medical Malpractice Lawyers Seek Compensation for Victims
Experienced Queens County medical malpractice attorneys work to hold healthcare providers accountable
Queens is an incredibly busy and diverse borough within New York City. Thousands of healthcare providers work to take care of the borough’s two million residents. Sadly, some of these doctors and hospitals don’t abide by their professional standards. The experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Rich & Rich, P.C. assist medical malpractice victims throughout Queens County.
What are the most common types of medical malpractice?
No matter where you’re being treated or what type of doctor you’re seeing, there is a threat of medical malpractice. Our Queens injury attorneys frequently handle cases relating to:
- Failure to diagnose — A doctor’s failure to order appropriate medical tests or failure to refer a patient to a specialist may result in an undiagnosed or misdiagnosed medical condition, such as cancer. A delay in diagnosis can mean the difference between life and death for the patient.
- Surgical errors — A mistake made during surgery can cause life-altering permanent injuries and put a patient’s long-term health and well-being at risk.
- Cosmetic surgery errors — If performed by an unskilled or inattentive surgeon, cosmetic surgery, including breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction and tummy tucks can result in disfiguring scars, nerve damage, infection and other injuries.
- Dental malpractice — Dental nerve injuries from external and internal trauma, unnecessary dental procedures and performance of procedures without informed consent could all be grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
- Nursing home negligence — Inadequate physician coverage; failure to timely diagnose fractures or other injuries; failure to properly asses and treat bed sores; failure to timely transfer nursing home residents to a hospital; prescription of unnecessary or contraindicated medication.
Our attorneys have experience handling a wide range of medical malpractice cases.
Common causes of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice results from negligent medical care that falls below the standards of care established by the medical profession. Common causes of medical malpractice include:
- Deviation from accepted standards of care practiced by a general practitioner or specialist
- Failure to obtain informed consent from a patient
- Failure to prescribe an appropriate course of treatment
- Failure to perform surgery properly
- Inadequate supplies or equipment failure
- Improper administration or dosing of medication
To bring a Queens medical malpractice lawsuit, you must file within the relevant timeframe established by New York law. As soon as you believe you might have a potential case, you should reach out to an attorney.
Damages available in a medical malpractice claim
Defendants in a medical malpractice case could include hospitals, private medical practices, individual doctors, nursing homes, healthcare industry manufacturers and others. In a successful case, you could recover damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive devices
- Lost income
- Reduced quality of life
- Cost of medicine
Our firm works on a contingency basis, so you do not pay attorney’s fees until and unless you secure payment in a settlement or jury verdict.
Contact a Queens medical malpractice law firm for a consultation
The medical malpractice lawyers of Rich & Rich, P.C. represent medical malpractice victims throughout Queens. For a consultation with an experienced attorney, please call 347.696.7707 or contact us online.