Roslyn Car Accident Lawyers
Aggressive representation for victims of Nassau County vehicle collisions
Nassau and Suffolk counties contain dozens of communities with busy roads, congested traffic and frequent auto accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash on Long Island, you can rely on Rich & Rich, P.C. in Roslyn Heights to pursue the full compensation you deserve. We are experienced trial lawyers with a long track record of success in high-stakes car accident cases. Our firm provides highly professional and determined representation with one end in mind: obtaining the maximum possible recovery for your injury case.
What are the most dangerous roads in Nassau County?
Long Island has many of the most dangerous roads in New York State, and Nassau ranks just below Suffolk as the county with the most traffic fatalities, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The most dangerous roads on Long Island include:
- Route 25 (Jericho Turnpike)
- Middle Country Road
- Route 27 (Sunrise Highway)
- Montauk Highway
NHTSA data shows that there were 934 fatalities on Long Island roads from 2016 to 2020, including drivers and passengers in cars, as well as motorcyclists, pedestrians and bicyclists. Beyond these numbers, there are devastated families who deserve a lawyer ready to pursue justice against liable parties.
Why should I hire a Roslyn car accident lawyer after a crash in Nassau County?
If you are injured in a Long Island vehicle crash, a car accident lawyer can provide a range of essential services to help maximize your compensation and give you peace of mind while you recover. Our firm can:
- Provide guidance throughout the claims process
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident and assemble compelling evidence
- Manage all communication with parties involved, including insurance providers
- Consult with medical and financial experts to ascertain the full extent of your losses
- Assess the proper amount of damages to demand
- Leverage a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Take the case to trial if necessary
Under New York’s no-fault insurance law, you can only sue an at-fault driver if you have what the law recognizes as a serious injury. Our attorneys can help you understand if your case meets this threshold.
Who is responsible for my car accident and injuries?
You can file an injury claim against anyone whose negligent actions contributed to your car accident. These might include:
- Drivers of other passenger vehicles
- The driver of your car (if you were a passenger)
- Truck drivers and trucking companies
- Bus drivers
We’ll work hard to identify all liable parties
Liability for an accident is not always clear. Our attorneys consider every factor affecting your accident to develop a complete perspective on what happened. We are ready to seek relief from any defendants who could potentially share the blame. This includes car and parts manufacturers, and municipalities that fail to maintain roadways.
What if the driver responsible for my accident is uninsured or underinsured?
If an at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, you can file a claim under your own uninsured or supplemental underinsured motorist coverage, which must provide at least $25,000 under New York law, but could be more based on optional coverage you have purchased. Alternately, there might be another party you can pursue as a defendant.
How much is my car accident case worth?
Each case is unique, but our experienced attorneys draw on decades of experience to evaluate what constitutes fair compensation in an auto accident case by reviewing numerous factors, such as:
- Who is at fault
- The severity of your injuries, including whether you needed hospitalization or surgery
- How long a period of rehabilitation or physical therapy might you require to make a full recovery
- Whether your injuries prevented you from going back to work, and if so, for how long
- Whether your injury will affect your future ability to perform your job and earn an income
- The impact your injuries have had on your day-to-day life
Naturally, the more severe and long-lasting the injuries, the greater the amount of damages you can recover. When you retain our services, you will have a seasoned advocate on your side determined to recover the maximum amount possible based upon the facts and circumstances in your case.
Contact an accomplished Long Island vehicle accident attorney
Rich & Rich, P.C. is a leading New York car accident injury firm, serving clients from Nassau and Suffolk counties, as well as other parts of the New York metropolitan area. Our Long Island office is in Roslyn Heights. Call today at 212-406-0440 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.